The Pegasus Parade 2022 makes its grand return, and for the first time, on a weekend! The parade is Sunday, May 1, and once again takes over Broadway downtown. It lasts about two hours.
Index Of This Post
Pegasus Parade 2022: Route, Road Closures, Live Coverage
Ethan the Dog and Virginia Moore, the governor’s beloved American Sign Language interpreter got a lot of shine in the last few years, and they’re some of the local celebrities in this year’s parade.
The Pegasus Parade, as most people know, has been on hiatus since 2019 due to the pandemic. In previous years, it has been the Thursday before the Derby.
But this year’s event will be held at 3 pm on Sunday. Boyd said he moved the parade to Sunday after receiving feedback from community members.
Officials have closed the streets for this weekend’s Pegasus Parade, which kicks off Kentucky Derby week. This year’s theme is “Loving Louisville”.
Kentucky Derby Festival officials said parade units are being asked to use decorations with “landmarks, icons, sports teams, music and lots of hearts” to show their love for the city.
After closing events to spectators last year due to COVID-19, KDF is also welcoming people back in-person this year. Festival organizers said they believe they have the tools needed for the public to safely gather, and KDF is looking at venues with plenty of space for events that are indoors.
1 – 8 p.m.
- Vine Street from Lampton Street to Breckinridge Street
- Swan Street between Vine Street and Lampton Street
- Finzer Street between Broadway and Logan Street
- Broadway from Barret Avenue to Chestnut Street Connector
- Gray Street from Jackson Street to Preston Street
- 9th Street (north) from Kentucky Street to Broadway
2:30 – 8 p.m.
- Broadway from Chestnut Street Connector to 11th Street
- Gray Street from Shelby Street to 1st Street
- Stoneware Alley from Vine Street to Barret Avenue
- Jacob Street from Clay Street to Preston Street
- Barret Avenue from St. Anthony Place to Rubel Avenue
- Vine Street from Brent Street to Lampton Street
- Logan Street from Breckinridge Street to Broadway
- Finzer Street from Broadway to Gray Street
- Finzer Street from Shelby Street to Preston Street
- Finzer Street from Floyd Street to Brook Street
- Jacob Street from Floyd Street to Brook Street
- Shelby Street from Finzer Street to Chestnut Street
- Clay Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
- Hancock Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
- Jackson Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
- Preston Street from Broadway to Chestnut Street
- Floyd Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
- Brook Street from Gray Street to Breckinridge Street
- First Street from Chestnut Street to Broadway
- Second Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
- Third Street from Chestnut Street to Broadway
- Fourth Street from Chestnut Street to Breckinridge Street
The 2022 Pegasus Parade will feature marching bands and horses, along with inflatable characters and floats–all highlighting what people love most about the city.
|HOW TO WATCH|
TV Channel: WLKY
Also Read- Toni Kroos: Contract, Salary, Net Worth 2022