What was certain was that a lot of money was at stake at the final-round shotgun start in North Plains, Oregon. The total purse for the individual competition in this inaugural event in the Saudi-backed series was $20 million, with the last-place finisher guaranteed $120,000.
A Full Breakdown Of What Every Player Earned At The 2022 LIV Golf London Event can be seen here.
Index Of This Post
Liv Golf Payouts: By Teams, By Players, Prize Money 2022
For instance, that is only slightly less than what the golfer who finishes 16th at the John Deere Classic will earn. By winning the Portland event, Branden Grace becomes LIV Golf’s latest $4 million men, while Carlos Ortiz earns $2.125 million for second place.
Liv Golf Payouts By Teams
1. 4 Aces (Dustin Johnson, Patrick Reed, Talor Gooch, Pat Perez), -23, $3,000,000
2. Stinger GC (Branden Grace, Hennie Du Plessis, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel), -16, $1,500,000
3. FIreballs GC (Carlos Ortiz, Abraham Ancer, Sergio Garcia, Eugenio Lopez-Charcarra), -12, $500,000
Liv Golf Payouts By Players
1. Charl Schwartzel (-7): $4,000,000
2. Hennie Du Plessis (-6): $2,125,000
T-3. Branden Grace, Peter Uihlein (-5): $1,500,000
5. Sam Horsfield (-3): $975,000
T-6. Oliver Bekker, Adrian Otaegui (-2): $737,500
8. Dustin Johnson (-1): $625,000
9. Talor Gooch (E): $580,000
T-10. Louis Oosthuizen, Graeme McDowell, Justin Harding (+1): $516,667
T-13. Ryosuke Kinoshita, Pablo Larrazabal (+2): $315,000
T-15. Jinichiro Kozuma, Martin Kaymer (+3): $245,000
T-17. Richard Bland, J.C. Ritchie, Laurie Canter (+4): $226,000
T-20. Ian Poulter, Scott Vincent (+5): $190,000
T-22. Shaun Norris, Wade Ormsby, Sergio Garcia (+6): $170,000
T-25. James Piot, Matt Jones, Ian Snyman, Phachara Khongwatmai (+7): $163,000
29. Lee Westwood (+8): $158,000
T-30: Hudson Swafford, Viraj Madappa, Jediah Morgan (+9): $154,000
T-33. Phil Mickelson, Kevin Yuan, Chase Koepka (+10): $146,000
T-38. Oliver Fisher, Blake Windred, David Puig, Hideto Tanihara, Ratchanon Chantananuwat (+11): $136,000
T-43. Bernd Wiesberger, Sihwan Kim (+14): $129,000
45. Turk Petit (+15): $126,000
46. Sadom Kaewkanjana (+17): $124,000
47. Itthipat Buranatanyarat (+23): $122,000
48. Andy Ogletree (+24): $120,000
The winner, Branden Grace, played a final-round 65 to defeat Carlos Ortiz by two strokes with a 13-under 203 total and earned a $4 million first-place prize money award.
In addition, the top three four-man teams in the team competition will share another $5 million, with the winner squad splitting $3 million among the foursome.
Liv Golf Prize Money 2022
The winner of LIV Golf Portland received $4 million, although the runners-up through fourth-place finishers each received at least $1 million as part of the $25 million payouts.
If there are any ties, the money will be distributed evenly among the golfers in the tied positions. For example, if two golfers tie for second place, the reward pools for second and third place are merged and distributed evenly between the two. Each would receive $1,812,500 in this situation.