For more than 50 years, Monday Night Football has provided fans with primetime football before Thursday or even Sunday nights were reserved for NFL football each fall. With the 2022 NFL season, Monday Night Football will be back in full swing, with a new pair of commentators in the booth to call the games.
What to Watch has covered how to watch all of the primetime NFL offerings for the 2022 season, including Thursday Night Football and Sunday Night Football, but keep reading to find out how to watch Monday Night Football, including the whole schedule and more.
Schedule for Monday Night Football in 2022
The following are the Monday Night Football matchups for the 2022 NFL season, including a doubleheader in the week and yet-to-be-determined matchups in week 18 (but on a Saturday):
- Week 1: Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks
- Week 2: Tennessee Titans vs Buffalo Bills & Minnesota Vikings vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 3: Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants
- Week 4: Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers
- Week 5: Las Vegas Raiders vs Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 6: Denver Broncos vs Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 7: Chicago Bears vs New England Patriots
- Week 8: Cincinnati Bengals vs Cleveland Browns
- Week 9: Baltimore Ravens vs New Orleans Saints
- Week 10: Washington Commanders vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 11: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals
- Week 12: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 13: New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 14: New England Patriots vs Arizona Cardinals
- Week 15: Los Angeles Rams vs Green Bay Packers
- Week 16: Los Angeles Chargers vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 17: Buffalo Bills vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 18: TBD doubleheader
What time does Monday Night Football start?
Monday Night Football begins at 8:15 p.m. ET/5:15 p.m. PT. For the 2022 NFL season, there are a few exceptions:
- The Tennessee Titans take on the Buffalo Bills in Week 2 at 7:15 p.m. ET/4:15 p.m. PT. PT
- Week 2 kicks off at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT with the Minnesota Vikings at the Philadelphia Eagles. PT
- The Week 11 game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Arizona Cardinals kicks off at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
- Monday Night Countdown, ESPN’s pregame show, begins at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.
What channel broadcasts Monday Night Football?
Monday Night Football is shown on ESPN, but a few games will be simulcast or broadcast on ABC and ESPN2.
Three games in the 2022 Monday Night Football schedule will be televised on both ESPN and ABC:
- Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks, Week 1
- Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants in Week 3
- Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals in Week 17
- TBD doubleheader in Week 18
The game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 2 will be broadcast exclusively on ABC.
In addition, the popular alternative Monday Night Football Eli, Peyton Manning broadcast will return in 2022, appearing on ESPN2 alongside the traditional Monday Night Football broadcast. The brothers will cover ten games this season, including the Week 1 battle between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks, though the other games are not yet announced.
Monday Night Football analysts
This year, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will take over the Monday Night Football booth (moving over from Fox), while Lisa Salters will serve as the sideline reporter.
Before the Monday Night Football game, ESPN broadcasts a pregame show called Monday Night Countdown. Suzy Kolber has presented Monday Night Countdown for the past few years, and guests have included Randy Moss, Steve Young, Booger McFarland, Adam Schefter, Chris Mortensen, Lisa Salters, and others.
How to Stream Monday Night Football in the United States
With Monday Night Football available to US fans primarily on ESPN and occasionally on ABC and ESPN2, here’s how to watch the game each week.
ESPN is a cable station, thus viewers either have a standard pay-TV subscription or a live TV streaming provider (FuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, or YouTube TV), however, it may not be available on all bundles. With a subscription to one of these services, fans may watch Monday Night Football on their TV or connected device, as well as through the ESPN app or ESPN.com. ESPN2 is available on almost every provider that provides ESPN.
ABC, on the other hand, is available via pay-TV and live TV streaming services, but as one of the four main networks, it also has local stations in each US TV market that may be received using a TV antenna.